To create a dual boot tech drive or if a customer simply wants a drive that boot all machines its actually very simple.
1. Reformat the target drive with Apple Partition Map found in the Options when partitioning. Be sure to know how many partitions you want before hand. Save yourself some steps later. Do this from a PPC machine. I did not test this step from Intel.
2. Install Leopard for Intel on an intel machine.
3. Plug in the target drive. Then clone the fresh install to your Intel partition on the tech drive.
4. Install your PPC OS in the respective partitions.
5. Install all your toys and tools.
You now have a dual boot tech drive.